Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/forums.zonbu.com/common.php on line 106 Zonbu Forums • View topic - You Tube doesn't work
Left ZonbuGet Zonbu NowLeft
Welcome! Sign In to My Zonbu
Right
Home Separator WhatIsZonbu Separator WhyZonbu Separator Pricing Separator GetItNow Separator Support Separator Extension
Home2 Separator WhatIsZonbu2 Separator WhyZonbu2 Separator Pricing2 Separator GetItNow2 Separator Support2 Separator Extension2

You Tube doesn't work

Discuss anything regarding the Internet applications: Web Browser, Email, Messenger and Skype

You Tube doesn't work

Postby aburr100 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:31 am

Whenever I try to view videos in You Tube, the screen flashes red and green and the video doesn't play.

On other websites that have videos seem to work.

A couple of days ago, You Tube was working, but not anymore.
aburr100

Re: You Tube doesn't work

Postby Juno on Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:05 pm

I gather the Mplayer plug-in fires up but then doesn't load the proper video, right?
That's happened to me too. It happened because they changed the flash variables order so the Firefox extension doesn't parse them right.
The extension script is easily adaptable, I did it and now works as always (I don't use Zonbu OS so I don't know if that can be done in it).
Juno

Postby DavidS on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:59 pm

What version of the OS do you have (Start -> System -> About Zonbu)?

Juno is right - YouTube recently changed the way their videos are played slightly, causing the extension we use for YouTube support to go bonkers. We released a minor update to fix it (7.1066.3), so please give your device a chance to automatically update. You may need to restart to get the update to take place.
DavidS
Zonbu Support

Postby voodoo_chicken1 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:32 am

Youtube plays when the video is minimized, but video is horrible when maximized. Anyone else having the same problems? I'm using the Zonbu notebook with all current firmware. Is this a hardware or software issue. Upsetting because I purchased the laptop strictly to watch videos online.
voodoo_chicken1

Postby JeffS on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:05 am

Could be a bandwidth issue. Also I've found Hulu stutters less than Youtube especially in full screen format.

There are lots of weird web/video issues--for example videos posted on Facebook are not viewable thru Zonbu nor Opensuse--they are working on Ubuntu.
JeffS

Return to Internet