Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/forums.zonbu.com/common.php on line 106 Zonbu Forums • View topic - Moving files through online storage...
Left ZonbuGet Zonbu NowLeft
Welcome! Sign In to My Zonbu
Right
Home Separator WhatIsZonbu Separator WhyZonbu Separator Pricing Separator GetItNow Separator Support Separator Extension
Home2 Separator WhatIsZonbu2 Separator WhyZonbu2 Separator Pricing2 Separator GetItNow2 Separator Support2 Separator Extension2

Moving files through online storage...

Discuss anything regarding the Internet applications: Web Browser, Email, Messenger and Skype

Moving files through online storage...

Postby RHarriman on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:16 pm

I accessed my remote storage from work and uploaded files from my work computer to the remote storage.

When I'm at home on the Zonbu I can't see the files I uploaded in the Documents folder. Is that how it's supposed to happend?

Do I have to access the remote storage through the Internet in order to open the files?

Thanks!
RHarriman

Re: Moving files through online storage...

Postby tudza on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Check out the synchronize function detailed at the bottom of this page:

https://www.zonbu.com/doc/doku.php?id=manual:files_and_storage&s=synchronize

I believe this is meant to take care of the problem you are running into. I'm pretty certain this worked for me when I tried it.

It does not answer my continuing complaint about files listed on my Zonbu going missing on-line. For example, I loaded an album onto my Zonbu and a week later went to play back the album and found one track missing. It was listed with the little red square, but it was not in on-line storage. Zonbu Co would blame me for this, but I honestly cannot recall doing anything to cause this problem. I know procedure that will certainly recreate this, but I did nothing along those lines in this case or in the several other cases where files have gone missing.

This I fear is a major fault with their synching scheme from the Zonbu to on-line storage. Do not trust files you put on you Zonbu to be there when you want them.
tudza

Return to Internet