Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/forums.zonbu.com/common.php on line 106 Zonbu Forums • View topic - Download to other than desktop?
Left ZonbuGet Zonbu NowLeft
Welcome! Sign In to My Zonbu
Right
Home Separator WhatIsZonbu Separator WhyZonbu Separator Pricing Separator GetItNow Separator Support Separator Extension
Home2 Separator WhatIsZonbu2 Separator WhyZonbu2 Separator Pricing2 Separator GetItNow2 Separator Support2 Separator Extension2

Download to other than desktop?

Discuss anything regarding the Internet applications: Web Browser, Email, Messenger and Skype

Download to other than desktop?

Postby HiFlight on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 pm

I am running Zonbu v7.1315.1 on my Mini. I can choose to transfer files via USB to thumbdrives or portable hard drives, but have not found a way do configure Firefox to allow internet downloads to external media.

It defaults to desktop, regardless of how I change settings in Tool/Downloads.

Any suggestions would be welcomed! I do not want online backup of large file downloads, but can't find a way to change from Desktop.

Thanks...
Ron
Ron Kerlin
Ft Myers, FL
Zonbu Mini
HiFlight

Re: Download to other than desktop?

Postby bobphillips on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Ron

Have you tried changing Firefox >> Edit>Preferences>Main (Downloads section) "Ask where to save" checked instead of "Always to Desktop"?

Cheers

Bob
bobphillips

Re: Download to other than desktop?

Postby HiFlight on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Bob...
Thanks much for the tip! That was the solution. My only other way I was considering was changing it in ABOUT:CONFIG.

Your solution is exactly what I was wanting, rather than changing the configuration setting.

Ron
Ron Kerlin
Ft Myers, FL
Zonbu Mini
HiFlight

Return to Internet