That's what I tried first, but the following line:
- Code: Select all
sudo apt-get -y install linux linux-generic linux-headers-generic linux-image-generic linux-restricted-modules-generic
Seems to upgrade the kernel, which breaks my system. Some people have reported success by installing all of the updates for Gutsy, which is why I tried Tribe 4, but something in the 6.22 kernel doesn't like my Zonbox.
So for the record my steps have been:
1) The walk-through above, which resulted in the kernel panic error.
2) Booted to old kernel, then attempted to re-install the -9 kernel and alsa drivers. Same error.
3) Tried the above once more with the -10 kernel. Same thing.
4) Tried full upgrade to Gutsy through Update Manager. This hosed my GRUB and who know's what else.
5) Downloaded and tried to install Gutsy Tribe 4 from CD. Same kernel error.